People head to Redondo Beach to enjoy the coastal activities, but there is also a thriving community of unique small businesses and cultural events to enjoy. People are constantly in and out of the city, and quick travel can bring unexpected motor vehicle collisions or accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists.
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a car accident in Redondo Beach, you might be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and other damages. A Redondo Beach car accident lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices may be able to help you build your case and fight to compel the negligent party or parties to pay you compensation.
Call our law firm at (888) 522-6291 for a free case evaluation. We can start working on your case today.
Each Car Accident Cases Has a Unique Value
Even if two car accidents happened under similar circumstances, they might not be equal in value. Multiple factors affect how much a car accident case might be worth for the injured party, such as:
- The type of injury sustained and what kind of treatments are necessary to heal it (if possible)
- How much property damage occurred
- The injured party’s health condition before getting injured and whether certain health conditions were aggravated because of the collision
- The injured party’s financial needs
- The injured party’s current employment and salary (if applicable)
- The injured party’s mental state
- The injured party’s social and familial obligations
People are unique individuals, so they can be affected differently from a car accident. When discussing your damages with your car accident lawyer, be as honest as you can be about how the collision affected your health, finances, and personal relationships, as you may qualify to receive compensation for any injuries you experienced.
Car accident victims may claim compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Permanent disability or changes in appearances, such as scarring or burns
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment in life
Those who lost a loved one in a car accident may be able to collect compensation for damages related to the victim’s death, such as funeral expenses and loss of companionship. Your lawyer can explain these damages further if this applies to your case.
Your Lawyer Can Monitor How Close the Statutory Deadline Is
If you want to pursue compensation via a personal injury lawsuit, you must keep note of the statute of limitations, as it sets the deadline for these types of cases. The California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1 generally lets people file personal injury lawsuits about car accidents up to two years after the collision occurred.
Plaintiffs who do not file their case on time may have their case dismissed by a judge upon the opposing party’s request. Do not let a legal technicality jeopardize your opportunity to pursue compensation. If you want to pursue compensation and would like legal assistance, reach out to our law firm as soon as possible.
Redondo Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
Plaintiff’s Have the Burden of Proof
The burden of proof lies on the plaintiff, so if you want to convince an insurance company or judge that you deserve compensation, you will need to provide evidence to support your case.
Evidence in car accident cases often include:
- The crash report
- Surveillance footage of the accident, such as from a business or traffic camera
- Dashcam footage from one of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony, such as from a mechanic
- Accident reconstruction analysis
- Driving records
If the accident involved a commercial vehicle, such as a truck, you might also request access to black box information, driving logs, and a background check of the driver.
Your lawyer may look into other forms of evidence to support your case.
Evidence You Need to Prove Your Damages
To calculate your damages and understand how substantial the effect of the collision on your life was, you and your legal team may collect evidence such as:
- Medical bills
- Repair bills
- Proof of salary, such as a paycheck stub or W-2 forms
- Photos of your injuries and your damaged vehicle
- Medical records
- Psychological analysis from a trained mental health professional
Certain pieces of evidence may be difficult to obtain on your own, so our legal team may step in to help you. A Redondo Beach car accident lawyer can formally request access to evidence and contact relevant individuals who can provide important information for your case.
Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices for a free case evaluation at (888) 522-6291, and we can start analyzing what kind of evidence we might need to collect to prove how the accident occurred and what kind of damages it caused.
What Are Car Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
Besides collecting evidence, our law firm also assists our clients by:
- Determining how many parties may be involved in their case
- Communicating on their behalf during calls with insurance representatives, attorneys, and opposing parties
- Getting testimony from witnesses or expert witnesses, such as mechanics or accident reconstruction analysts
- Filing paperwork on their behalf
- Keeping them updated as their case progresses
Our car accident attorneys are prepared to represent you during negotiations with the insurance companies or in front of a judge and jury during a trial case. All you have to do to get started is pick up the phone and call our law firm today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices for a Free Case Evaluation
If you were a victim of a car accident, you may be able to receive compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. To learn more about how you might be able to recover your losses, call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices at (888) 522-6291 for a free consultation. You can also talk with a team representative about how a Redondo Beach car accident lawyer may be able to help you with your case.