If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles, you could be facing a long, uphill battle to recovery or a lifetime of health problems. If another party’s negligence caused your accident, they might be liable for your medical bills and other accident-related damages in a personal injury case.
A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices may be able to help you fight for compensation. We coordinate insurance claims and lawsuits on behalf of our clients.
Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices today at (888) 522-6291 for a free case review from a member of our team. If you qualify, we may be able to represent you on a contingency fee basis with no upfront payments required.
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen
Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users. In addition to their lack of protection compared to passenger vehicles, the smaller profile of motorcycles can make them that much harder for a distracted or negligent driver to notice.
If another driver’s negligence caused your motorcycle accident, they might be responsible for your damages. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Failure to yield
- An illegal turn or lane change
- Disobeying a traffic signal
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
Sometimes the liable party for a motorcycle accident is a non-driver third party, such as:
- The manufacturer of a defective motorcycle component
- A negligent motorcycle mechanic
- A negligent municipal or government agency that allows a dangerous road condition to persist, such as uneven lanes or a pothole
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices may be able to identify the responsible party in your motorcycle accident and help you build a personal injury case against them.
What Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices Can Do for You
A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices may be able to spare you the stress of managing your case alone. We can assume responsibility for all of the legal tasks in your case when we represent you. Our services may include:
- Investigating your accident: Backing up your testimony and recollections with documentary evidence is always a good idea. Your lawyer can consult all available evidence sources, from police reports to surveillance video.
- Listing and calculating damages: We can help you compile an accurate list of your damages, complete with dollar amounts for each.
- Negotiating a settlement: Your lawyer can represent you during settlement negotiations. The final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer will be yours. We can provide you with legal advice during this process and make sure you understand the implications of all offers.
- Taking the fight to trial: If the responsible party’s insurance company does not make you a fair settlement offer, we can take your case to trial.
- Keep in contact: We will let you know if anything big happens in your case or if the liable party has anything to say to you. We will also answer whatever legal questions you have.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused or contributed to your accident, call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices today at (888) 522-6291. A representative of our firm is standing by to offer you a free, no-obligation case review.
The Deadline to Sue in California
After a motorcycle crash, your first thought likely does not involve filing a lawsuit. That is fine: it is always best to prioritize your health in the wake of an accident.
At the same time, your right to pursue damages is not indefinite. The California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1 generally gives you just two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Waiting longer than this to take legal action could result in the dismissal of your lawsuit.
With this law in mind, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices encourages you to get started on your case as soon as possible.
Common Examples of Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Damages are another name for categories of monetary compensation awarded to accident victims. The two most common types are economic damages and non-economic damages.
To qualify for economic damages, you must have suffered financial stress or loss as a result of the accident. This may happen in many ways, including:
- Medical bills: for those who needed any sort of treatment (short-term or long-term) for any sort of injury (physical or psychological)
- Lost wages: for those who could not go to work while their injuries healed
- Property damage: for those whose vehicles or other forms of property were damaged
To qualify for non-economic damages, you must have suffered some sort of personal injury (either physical or psychological) as a result of the accident. This may happen due to things like:
- Scarring: for those whose injuries left them with permanent physical marks
- Disability: for those who suffered a chronic, incurable physical or mental injury in their accident
- Pain and suffering: for those whose physical or psychological injuries caused them strain, distress, or anguish
Adding Up Damages
It is important that your list of damages is as complete as possible. It is equally important that you produce evidence of the dollar amount you assign to each damage. Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can manage these tasks on your behalf.
Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices Today
You do not need to face the aftermath of a motorcycle accident alone. A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can do all of the hard legal work in your case while you focus on rebuilding your life.
When you are ready for a free consultation on your case from a member of our team, call us at (888) 522-6291. Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices works on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you do not have to pay us attorney fees unless and until we help you recover compensation.
Call or text 866-559-7223 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form