If you suffer from personal injuries due to the negligence of another, then you probably know about the devastating and often long-term effects that accidents can have on victim’s lives. Unfortunately, you are not alone. With more than 4 million people residing in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, the Inland Empire constitutes one of the largest metropolitan areas in America. Due to its vast size, congested highways, and increased numbers of large companies headquartered in the area, personal injury accidents in the Inland Empire happen every day. That’s why it’s important to find the right Inland Empire personal injury attorney.
With over 20,000 square miles, San Bernardino is the largest county in land area in the United States. Although much of the land is unpopulated, people are injured every day on San Bernardino’s major freeways, hiking trails, and while engaged in sports activities in its mountains and deserts. If these injuries result because of another party’s negligence, the accident victim may be entitled to monetary compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, as well as physical or emotional pain and distress.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
For over 40 years, Jacoby & Meyers has been helping California accident victims recover their losses. The professional team of personal injury lawyers associated with Jacoby & Meyers has handled over 100,000 cases and has a proven track record in successfully recovering more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
Personal injuries include any bodily damage that results from the negligence of another- such as car accidents, faulty products, or work-related injuries. After an accident, regardless of how minor, it is important to contact a reliable and trustworthy personal injury lawyer in the Inland Empire who will help you recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. At Jacoby & Meyers, the first consultation to discuss your case is absolutely free. Once you are accepted as a client, you will work directly with professionals who have extensive knowledge and expertise in managing and winning lawsuits of this nature.
If you experience a personal injury you should contact a reliable accident attorney in the Inland Empire as soon as possible. Jacoby & Meyers has years of experience in helping our clients recover from accident damage that has occurred through no fault of their own including, but not limited to:
- Traffic accidents, including cars, trucks, and motorcycles
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Bus, train, railroad or other mass transit accidents
- Personal injuries
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Defective or dangerous products
- Dog bites
- Slip-and-fall incidents
Personal Injury Compensation
In the event of a personal injury as a result of an accident, you may be entitled under California law to compensation for any or all of the following:
- Present and future medical expenses related to the injury
- Permanent physical damage caused by the accident
- Non-economic/general damages caused by the injury including existing and projected emotional suffering, physical pain, grief, anxiety or mental distress
- Lost wages as a result of missing work, including follow-up therapy or doctor appointments
- Reimbursement for household help required as a result of the accident
- Other incidental accident costs
- In some cases, punitive damages
In order to receive these monetary compensations, you must file a personal injury lawsuit in a court of law – even if you are injured as a result of the perpetrator’s crime. If your carelessness is found to have caused even part of your injuries, California law may partially limit the amount to which you are entitled.
An experienced Inland Empire personal injury lawyer associated with Jacoby & Meyers can help you file your personal injury claim within the time-limit- called a statute of limitations- the law places on all injury cases. Our experienced attorneys can also help you collect the maximum compensation to which you are entitled and will help you prove that you have suffered damages or financial loss because of someone else who failed in his or her responsibilities.
When selecting an attorney, it is important to be sure that he or she is aware of the numerous sources from which you can receive compensation for your claim. The most commonly known source is insurance. Unfortunately, many drivers are uninsured or policies may have limited coverage. However, as a California citizen you may be entitled to compensation from additional sources, including:
- The owner of the vehicle.This includes not only parents, but also the employers of the driver – who can be held responsible for an employee’s action and, often, are responsible because of failure to properly maintain the vehicles.
- The government. Quite often, one of the causes of an accident is the government’s failure to maintain safe road conditions, either by defective design or maintenance.
- Car manufacturers. If a vehicle is found to have a flaw or problem, however minor, the car manufacturer can be held liable. This is especially true with respect to roll-overs and situations where the car, a tire or component part explodes or fails.
It is time-consuming and often impossible for individuals alone to determine all possible sources of compensation. That is why you should contact an experience Inland Empire personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the incident. The lawyers associated with Jacoby & Meyers have the knowledge and resources to investigate every aspect pertaining to your claim. We will work on your behalf and advocate for your rights. As an accident victim, you deserve compensation as well as compassion, and a Jacoby & Meyers lawyer will fight to win your case, your money and your dignity with kindness and respect.
Please select a service below to learn more: