After an accident, it is natural to have a lot of doubts and questions. You may wonder if you should file a lawsuit or hire an Alhambra personal injury lawyer to handle your case. A free case evaluation from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can help you make such important decisions. Give us a call at (888) 522-6291 to learn more.
An Accident Can Change Your Life
Not all accidents can be prevented. Many, however, are a direct result of another party’s carelessness. Drivers do not always follow the rules, dog owners do not always train their pets, and property owners do not always remove potential hazards promptly.
These types of accidents can result in:
- Property damage, e.g., a wrecked car or motorcycle
- Emotional trauma, e.g., anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Physical wounds, e.g., temporary injuries, such as fractures or permanent injuries, such as nerve damage
- Financial stress, e.g., crash-related bills or reduced income caused by your inability to work
If you fell victim to someone else’s negligent behavior, you might qualify for monetary compensation to help you deal with the types of injuries listed above.
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can help you after a motor vehicle accident, dog bite, construction accident, slip and fall accident, and more. To receive a free case assessment, give us a call at (888) 522-6291. We serve clients in Alhambra and other cities throughout California.
Qualifying for Damages After an Accident
You know better than anyone that accident injuries can end life as you know it. For example, you may be dealing with:
- Pain and suffering, e.g., the physical and psychological trauma you sustained during and/or because of the accident
- Disability, e.g., the loss of any body part or the loss of use of any body part
- Scarring or disfigurement, e.g., permanent marks left by your injuries or caused by necessary treatment for accident injuries (such as surgery)
- Diminished quality of life, e.g., the inability to cook, clean, bathe, or handle any other function of daily living by yourself
All the above are examples of non-economic damages, which include any and all physical, mental, and emotional suffering you may have endured due to the accident.
The financial costs of the accident are called economic damages, which include:
- Lost income, e.g., the wages or job benefits you lost when your injuries forced you to take time off from work
- Lost employment, e.g., the job you had to give up or were fired from because your injuries kept you from fulfilling your obligations
- Medical bills, e.g., the cost of whatever medical care you have received or will need
- Additional bills, e.g., the cost of hiring a housekeeper, a nanny, or anyone else whose services you only needed because of your injuries
Once you have figured out what kinds of damages you qualify for, you still have to decide how much you will ask for. There are several ways to ensure your calculations are accurate. For example, you can look at any accident-related bills you received and consult an Alhambra personal injury lawyer.
Alhambra Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Navigate the Legal Process
A lawsuit may be the only way to get the money you and your family need. Unfortunately, lawsuits can last for months, which might be too much to deal with when you are trying to rebuild your life or manage serious injuries. A lawyer can protect your rights and interests while you focus on putting your life back together.
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can help you:
- Conduct an investigation: It is always a good idea to collect as much evidence as possible to support the claims and requests in your lawsuit.
- Calculate how much to sue for: “Putting a price” on your injuries can be a challenging task. Your lawyer can help you figure out the maximum amount you may be able to recover.
- Manage paperwork: Filling out even one form incorrectly could mean the end of your lawsuit. Eliminate this risk by letting your attorney handle the paperwork.
- Seek damages: Your case may be resolved at the negotiating table or in the courtroom. Either way, your lawyer will be there with you.
- Communicate with others: Instead of confronting the liable party’s insurance company alone, let your lawyer represent you and relay all messages.
We charge you nothing upfront to start on your case. We work on contingency and receive our payment only if you receive a settlement.
Most important, we will support you every step of the way. Do not hesitate to ask your lawyer for additional clarification, the answer to a question, or advice on which legal options offer you the best chance of getting your money.
Get a Free Case Assessment When You Call Today
Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices at (888) 522-6291 for a free case assessment. Our team members are available to speak with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.