When claiming restitution for a car accident in Bellflower, you will need a legal expert to help you prove liability, calculate the total damages, and negotiate a fair settlement. However, you must hire an attorney who is a good fit for your case. So how do you choose the best car accident lawyer in all of Bellflower?
Here are the four questions to ask before hiring a Bellflower personal injury lawyer.
- Have they won a similar case to mine?
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?
- How long is the settlement process for car accident claims?
- How much is a fair settlement?
What Do I Need to Know Before Hiring a Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyer?
In 2020, car accidents in Bellflower resulted in 255 deaths and injuries. If another driver hits you, you may pursue a claim to receive compensation for physical injuries and vehicle damages.
Hiring a lawyer can be beneficial when pursuing a claim. However, you should gauge if they are capable of winning your case. Answer these questions before hiring a Bellflower personal injury lawyer.
Have They won a Similar Case to Mine?
You must know what types of cases your lawyer handles. This way, you will see if they have enough experience and knowledge in Bellflower car accident cases. In addition, their history and track record will help you know if they frequently win their cases.
To check their history and credibility, you may do the following:
- Search for their name and license at the California State Bar Association.
- Check out their website.
- Read other clients’ reviews about the law firm and their attorneys.
- Ask them about their cases directly.
Knowing what the other clients say about your attorney will help you determine if they can communicate with you smoothly, negotiate fairly, and win your case successfully. Your lawyer must meet your needs by being competent and knowledgeable about your type of case.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyer?
Before hiring a personal injury lawyer, you must know the payment method they are using. In this way, you will be able to determine if their payment process fits your needs. They should present a written contract stating their fees and other related costs, such as:
- the nature of their services,
- their service fee,
- how did they come up with their service fee,
- Other expenses included, and
- their payment method.
A lawyer’s fee should always depend on the quality of their services. You must also check the following to gauge if your attorney’s charges are reasonable:
- their track record,
- their reputation in a specific area,
- the complexity of your case, and
- the time it will take to resolve your case.
In most cases, personal injury lawyers charge on a contingency basis. That is when they will only charge you and take their percentage after you win the claim. However, you should always ask your attorney about their payment method since others may use a different fee scheme.
How Long Is The Settlement Process for Car Accident Claims?
Generally, an insurance company follows a particular timeline when dealing with car accident claims, such as:
- 15 days to acknowledge the claim after receiving a letter stating the case.
- 40 days to accept or deny the claim after acknowledging it.
- 30 days to pay for the settlement if the insurance company agrees with the claim.
However, you may experience challenges that may cause a delay in your settlement process. The nature and complexity of your case rely on the following factors:
- Availability of evidence to support your claim.
- Possibility of proving your case.
- Bills, records, and other documentation that determined the settlement amount.
- Counter arguments of the other driver’s insurance provider if they have noticed any lapses in your evidence.
It is crucial to have strong evidence when pursuing a Bellflower car accident claim. This will help you solve your case within the allowed timeframe. Your injury lawyer should examine the crash, search for evidence to back your claim, and win your case within the statute of limitations.
How Much Is A Fair Settlement?
Typically, a settlement amount depends on the damages caused by the car accident. Your lawyer should be screening all possible areas to consider when calculating the settlement offer, such as:
- medical expenses,
- future health treatments and other costs,
- vehicle damages,
- loss of income,
- lifestyle change due to permanent disabilities,
- domestic assistance if you are living alone while recovering from the injuries,
- pain and suffering, and
- punitive damages, if applicable.
Your injury lawyer should identify the at-fault driver’s policy limit to cover these damages. Aside from that, they should also determine whether you are partially responsible for the accident.
If you are partly to blame for the crash, your attorney should negotiate for a fair compensation amount that is equivalent to how much the other driver was responsible for the collision.
For instance, you may claim 90% of restitution if you are 10% at fault for the car accident. Similarly, you can still receive compensation if you are 80% at-fault. In this case, you may claim 20% of restitution.
What Are The Qualities of A Good Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyer?
Claiming your restitution may be challenging, especially if you are suffering from severe injuries from the accident. A Bellflower personal injury lawyer has knowledge, experience, and expertise in solving your accident claim.
However, not all attorneys can offer the kind of service you want and need. This is why you must search for a legal expert who is a good fit for your accident case.
A good Bellflower personal injury lawyer possesses the following qualities to win a case successfully:
- has the knowledge and solid experience,
- has a winning history for your case type,
- communicates the details of your claim in a simple manner,
- listens to your concerns, and
- understands your situation and takes action to help you win your case.
If you find a lawyer who has these traits, then they should do the following to win your claim:
- Examine the accident scene.
- Gather evidence to support your claim.
- Prove liability.
- Provide legal options for you.
- Calculate the total damages.
- Meet deadlines.
- Negotiate with the other party’s insurance provider.
- Defend your case.
You should be able to trust your lawyer and communicate with them with ease and comfort. If this is not the case, you should look for another attorney to defend you.
Jacoby and Meyers Law Offices have passionate attorneys who have expertise in car accidents in Bellflower. We have the knowledge, solid experience, and heart to successfully serve our clients and fight for them. Contact us today at 888-960-0480 for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you.
Call or text 888-522-6291 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form