Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices helps personal injury accident victims in Gardena fight for compensation. Our service areas include:
- Automobile accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
We believe your attention should be on your recovery after suffering an injury, not coordinating legal action. Allow a Gardena personal injury lawyer from our firm to assume the responsibilities in your case when we represent you.
To find out more about how we can assist you, call us today at (888) 522-6291. We provide free case reviews to prospective clients, and we work on contingency, meaning you will not have to pay us anything unless we win your case.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Whenever someone’s negligence harms another individual, they may be liable for the victim’s damages in a personal injury lawsuit. There are many ways this can happen, and the negligence does not need to be intentional.
Here are some common types of personal injury cases that Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices handles:
Automobile Accident Cases
These cases typically involve a driver breaking a traffic rule, like the speed limit, and causing an accident. In automobile accident cases, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices regularly helps:
- Car and truck drivers
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Car passengers
- Bus or rideshare passengers
- Scooter riders
Premises Liability Accidents
Premises liability is an umbrella term for accidents that happen on someone else’s property due to their negligence. Premises liability accidents can include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Dog bites or attacks
- Swimming pool injuries
Premises liability accidents can occur almost anywhere, including restaurants, hotels, apartments, retail stores, private homes, parking lots, sidewalks, and public buildings.
Construction is a high-risk occupation, but that does not mean workers should be stuck paying the bill for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices helps construction accident victims file fault-based claims against liable parties such as:
- Construction site owners
- Other workers or contractors on the site
- Those who violate safety protocols
- Negligent pedestrians
Wrongful Death Cases
In the tragic event that your loved one lost their life in a negligence-based accident, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can help you file a wrongful death action. Only certain family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit in California, per California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §377.60.
If you are wondering about your accident and your eligibility to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices today at (888) 522-6291. Our free consultations are a chance for you to ask questions, learn about the legal process, and find out how a Gardena personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you.
The Evidence You Need to Win Your Case
To win a personal injury case, you typically must collect evidence that shows:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care, e.g., keeping their premises safe for guests.
- They did not fulfill this duty, e.g., by leaving a hole in the floorboards.
- The responsible party’s failure to uphold their duty of care caused your accident, e.g., by causing you to fall through the hole and break your leg.
- This accident injured you and caused you financial damages, e.g., hospital bills and several months of missed work.
To prove the last point, you must produce evidence of all your damages and their dollar amounts. This will justify the amount of compensation you are requesting.
Depending on the nature of your case, the evidence you collect could come from various sources, including:
- Footage of the accident that surveillance cameras captured
- A police report or accident report
- Any photos or videos that you or witnesses took at the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Your medical records
- Bills for your medical treatment
- Property repair or replacement invoices
- Documentation of your lost wages and benefits
- Statements from medical experts regarding the costs of care you will need to make a full recovery and/or the impact of non-economic damages, such as your pain and suffering
As part of our services to you, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can collect all available evidence in your case.
Payment for Your Damages
If you can prove the responsible party’s negligence caused your accident and injuries, they could owe you compensation for multiple types of damages detailed under California Civil Code (CIV) §1431.2. These damages might include:
- Medical treatment for your injuries
- Property damages
- Lost wages
- Substitute domestic services
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
For wrongful death cases, damages may include burial costs and loss of companionship. Other damages not listed here may also be available in your case.
The Services Provided by Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices
When you hire Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices to represent you, we will:
- Immediately start handling all verbal and written communications with the other parties so that you do not have to speak with anyone
- Give you a full overview of the legal process, your options, the laws that apply to your case, and what to expect going forward
- Counsel you on what we believe the best options are in your case
- Investigate your accident to figure out who is at fault
- Build a case with evidence proving the at-fault party’s liability
- Gather evidence of your damages and their value to your case
- Submit all evidence in an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party
- Meet with the representatives of the at-fault party for settlement negotiations
- Prepare your case for trial and represent you at trial if the best route forward for your case is a lawsuit
Your attorney and the Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices staff will guide you and give you updates on your case as it develops throughout this process.
Give Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices a Call Today
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices is ready to learn more about your case. Call our personal injury team today at (888) 522-6291 for your free case review. We can tell you more about your legal options and how a Gardena personal injury lawyer from our firm may be able to help you.