According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), causal factors of car accidents can generally be divided into four categories:
- Driver-related errors
- Environmental hazards
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Unknown causes
When you report an accident to police officials, they will assign fault and determine the cause of the accident. However, other factors might be at play that can reveal whether other parties not directly involved in the accident may have contributed to it.
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a car accident caused by one of the above factors, you may be owed compensation by the liable party. Prospective clients in Montebello can call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices at (888) 522-6291 for a free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
Identifying That You Have a Personal Injury Claim
Consider the following:
- Did you get injured in the car accident?
- Did you cause the collision?
- Was there something that the other driver could have done to avoid the accident?
- Did the accident and/or your injuries lead to other damages that would not have occurred had the accident been avoided?
The underlying premise of many car accident cases is that a negligent party caused harm to a victim, who then suffered subsequent damages as a result. If this applies to you, you may be entitled to compel the at-fault driver or other liable parties to compensate you for your inconvenience.
A lawyer can also help you discover additional information, such as whether other parties may have contributed to the cause of the accident or could be vicariously liable.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Work Hard for Our Clients
At Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices, we work hard to help our clients build comprehensive cases. While some car accident cases are simple, others might require additional services to reach a settlement or trial sentence. Yet, no matter how difficult a case might be, our car accident attorneys are willing to do what it takes to fight for our clients and the compensation they need.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Reviewing your case to determine where you stand and being upfront about the challenges you might face in your pursuit of compensation
- Investigating the cause of the accident and who might be liable for your damages
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Filling out and submitting paperwork on your behalf
- Consulting expert witnesses to analyze your case, such as an accident reconstruction analyst
- Representing you in negotiations with insurance companies
- Representing you in court if necessary
If you would like to learn more about how our legal team may be able to help you, call us at (888) 522-6291 for a free consultation. During this call, a representative can describe the legal services we offer in more detail and explain how they might apply to your case. Should you decide to work with us, we can assign a Montebello car accident lawyer to take over your case and instruct you on what steps to take next.
Contingency Fees Allow Our Clients to Afford Our Services
Another thing to keep in mind about our legal services is that our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront attorney’s fees that need to be paid, as our concern lies with winning your case first.
If we do not win compensation, you do not owe us anything. If we do, our fee gets taken out of your settlement so that you do not have to pay anything out of pocket. You can learn more about this payment agreement during your free consultation.
Victims Can Recover Many Types of Damages
You may be able to pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: This can include costs for doctor’s appointments, hospital care, lab work, surgeries, emergency room treatment, and X-rays or CT scans.
- Income loss: You may be compensated for wages you lost while treating your injuries, being physically unable to work, or being without a means of transportation.
- Pain and suffering: This is a general form of loss that can apply to physical and emotional pain. For example, if your injuries cause severe nerve pain or depression and anxiety, these damages would fall under “pain and suffering.”
- Property damage: If your vehicle sustained significant damage and requires extensive repairs, you may be compensated for those costs. Alternatively, if your vehicle was totaled, you may receive compensation equal to the vehicle’s cash value.
There are plenty of other damages you might demand compensation for, so do not consider this an exhaustive list. Your legal team can inform you about which damages apply to your case.
You Must File Your Case Before the Deadline to Pursue Compensation
According to the California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit for your car accident injuries and losses.
This timeline starts on the day the accident occurred, so you may have to review your crash report to determine the statutory deadline for your case. Even if you discovered your injuries weeks or months after the accident, your deadline would still apply to the date of the accident.
Hire a Montebello Car Accident Lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices
If you or someone you love was injured in a motor vehicle collision because another driver was driving negligently, you may be entitled to receive compensation for any accident-related injuries and damages. Our team can review the facts surrounding your accident and discuss how a Montebello car accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you with your case.
It starts with one phone call, so do not hesitate to dial (888) 522-6291 today.