If you were injured in an accident, you deserve help with holding the liable party accountable for their negligence and pursuing a fair amount of compensation. A Monterey Park personal injury lawyer can offer you that help. Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices at (888) 522-6291 now to get started.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Many kinds of accidents can lead to a personal injury. Examples of accidents that may entitle you to damages are outlined below.
Keep in mind that this is not a complete list—you may still qualify for compensation even if your accident is not listed here.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
This can include truck accidents, car accidents, boat accidents, and more. It also includes accidents in which you were a pedestrian or a bicyclist who got hit by a motor vehicle. Motor vehicle accidents may be caused by a driver, a trucking company, an auto manufacturer, or a maintenance company.
Slip and Fall Accidents
According to California Civil Code (CC) §1714, property owners are legally responsible for the upkeep of their property. This includes, among other things, keeping walkways in good repair, filling in holes in the lawn, and hanging warning signs to point out potential hazards as necessary.
Being a responsible dog owner means training your dog properly, keeping it on a leash as necessary, and warning others that there is a potentially dangerous animal on the premises.
Construction sites can be dangerous places. Accident victims may fall into holes, struggle with equipment, or be hit by falling debris. Both negligent corporations and reckless employees may cause construction accidents.
What You May Sue for in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Your accident and the resulting injuries may have cost you money as a result of:
- Medical expenses: Hospital stays, surgery, prescriptions, follow-up appointments, home nursing, and much more fall into this category.
- Miscellaneous expenses: If you had to hire a caregiver, a housekeeper, or anyone else because of your injuries, you may be reimbursed for that expense.
- Lost income: This may include any wages or job benefits you lost while waiting for your injuries to heal so you could get back to work.
- Diminished earning capacity: Unlike lost income, which reflects a temporary loss, this will compensate you for the wages you expected to earn throughout your career but now cannot.
These types of damages are called economic damages.
In addition to monetary losses, you may have suffered physically and mentally as a result of:
- Scarring or disfigurement. Any sufficiently obvious, painful, or disabling mark may qualify you for damages.
- Disability. This includes the total or partial loss of use of any type of body part (limb, digit, organ, and so on).
- Loss of consortium. This may include a loss of emotional support or a change in conjugal relations, among other things.
- Pain and suffering. Physical distress and emotional trauma, whether temporary or permanent, associated with the injury may entitle you to monetary compensation.
These types of damages are called non-economic damages. You may qualify for both economic and non-economic damages. It depends on the specifics of your case.
Monterey Park Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
Our Lawyers Can Handle the Legal Process for You
If you believe that you are entitled to compensation but do not have the energy or the resources to fight for it, what can you do? Hire a Monterey Park personal injury lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices. We are more than willing to accept responsibility for all legal tasks, big and small.
Here is a sampling of the types of services one of our attorneys can offer:
Investigate Your Accident
Persuading an insurance company to pay what you need is often harder than it should be. Your lawyer will work to strengthen your case by collecting police and medical records, talking with witnesses, and reviewing surveillance footage.
Assign a Fair Value to Your Case
We have already discussed the types of damages you may be entitled to. In addition to ensuring your list includes everything you are eligible for, your lawyer will help you assign an appropriate dollar amount for each damage.
Fight for Your Money
We always strive to get our clients a pretrial settlement, if possible. This is often far quicker than going to trial—but if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement during negotiations, we are more than willing to go to court for you.
Provide a Balanced Perspective
It can be difficult to evaluate and build your case because of your emotional investment. Let a lawyer answer your legal questions, explain your options and the benefits of each, and advise you every step of the way.
Free, No-Obligation Consultations Are Available
A Monterey Park personal injury lawyer can take on your legal burden and fight for what you deserve. So, if you are looking for a law firm that serves Monterey Park, California, contact Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices for a free, no-obligation case review. You can reach us at (888) 522-6291. We charge nothing until you receive compensation.