If someone’s negligent actions harmed you in South Gate, help is available from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices. We handle a large variety of personal injury case types, including:
- Car, motorcycle, bus, and truck accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Constructions accidents
- Dog bites
Whether you were hurt in one of these accident types or some other way, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices encourages you to call us at (888) 522-6291 for a free case review. During this call, a member of our personal injury team can go over your accident, your legal options, and answer your questions. If you qualify, you can hire a South Gate personal injury lawyer from our firm at no upfront cost. Our attorney fees are contingent on you winning your case and recovering compensation.
Negligence and Liability in Personal Injury Accidents
Proving negligence is key to establishing liability in a personal injury case. Whether your accident involved a car accident or a dog bite, you may need to prove the following elements of negligence:
- Someone had a duty of care to keep you from harm, e.g., to obey traffic laws while driving or keep their dog from attacking you in a public park.
- They violated that duty of care, e.g., by drifting out of their lane or letting their dog wander off-leash.
- This violation gave rise to your injuries, e.g., by causing your car accident or allowing the dog to bite you.
- These injuries caused you damages, e.g., treatment for your injuries, a lack of income, or pain and suffering.
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices understands how to prove the elements of negligence for a variety of accident types. We can guide you through this process and produce evidence to support your case.
California’s Comparative Fault System
California practices a comparative fault system in personal injury law. This system means that even accident victims who were partially at fault for the accident may be able to collect a percentage of their damages. For example, a judge may decide that a speeding driver was 30% at fault for an accident and that a driver who ran a stop sign and T-boned them was 70% responsible. If the judge determines that the speeding driver’s damages equal $100,000, their payout may be reduced by 30% to $70,000.
On the one hand, comparative fault means that even if you had a role in the accident, you could have a chance at recovering compensation. Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices strongly advises you to call us for a free consultation rather than assuming you do not have a viable case—we may see things differently.
On the other hand, accident victims may find themselves accused of playing a significant role in the accident by an insurance company or defendant who is trying to reduce their financial liability. Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices defends clients against this tactic by collecting evidence that minimizes their amount of fault.
Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices is prepared to take on complex and contested cases on behalf of our clients. If you think the other party was partially or fully to blame for your accident, give our personal injury team a call today at (888) 522-6291.
South Gate Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
Your Damages May Be Extensive
You may be eligible to recover expenses that extend far beyond your costs of medical treatment in a personal injury claim. In addition to the costs of making a full medical recovery, your potentially recoverable damages could include:
- Pay for the wages, salary, or benefits you were unable to earn because of how your injuries interrupted your life
- Reimbursement or replacement costs for any of your personal property that the accident damaged
- Compensation for non-economic damages, e.g., pain and suffering, disability, loss of enjoyment of life, etc.
These are not the only types of damages that victims may claim in a personal injury case. One of our most important jobs is helping our clients identify their potentially recoverable damages.
Let Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices Take the Reins of Your Personal Injury Case
A South Gate personal injury lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can support you in multiple ways when we partner on your case. Our services include:
- Acting as your representative: Allow us to communicate directly with all parties in your case, submit paperwork, and complete legal tasks on your behalf.
- Guiding you through the legal process: From filing an insurance claim to representing you in a trial, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices will make sure you understand your options and empower you with the knowledge to make legal decisions in which you are confident.
- Constructing your case: We can locate the at-fault party and compile evidence of their liability. We will then file your personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit against them.
- Fighting for compensation: Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices will coordinate the settlement negotiations in your case, presenting any offers we receive to you for approval or denial.
The personal injury team at Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices will be accessible to you for legal advice and case updates from start to finish. We hope that this gives you a chance to dedicate your time and energy to getting over your injuries and putting your life back together.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for Your Free Case Review
A South Gate personal injury lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can be your ally in your fight for justice. The first step is to call our firm for a free consultation with our personal injury team. This will give us a chance to answer your questions and learn more about your case. If you qualify, we will offer to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis, where you do not owe us anything for our labor unless you win your case.
Note that, per the California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1, there is a general two-year deadline to submit a personal injury lawsuit in California. If you wait longer than this to act, you could lose your right to sue.
Do not delay. To get started on your case, call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices today at (888) 522-6291.