Beyond the physical trauma, an arm and leg injury can cause a lot more pain in other aspects of people’s lives. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the leading injury among private industry and government workers in 2014 was sprains, strains, and tears, which led to 420,870 cases where people had to take time off from work. The average length of injury-related time off was 10 days.
Unless they have the vacation or sick time accumulated to meet those demands, for many workers, taking days off means taking less pay or no pay. This can be even more frustrating if another person caused the arm or leg injury. If you or a loved one became injured in an accident because of negligence, you should not have to surrender to the financial demands you are facing.
At Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices, we want to help you get the financial recovery you need to make up for missed wages and other financial losses you endured. If you are located in the Los Angeles area, consider hiring a Los Angeles arm and leg injury lawyer to help you put together a case to demand compensation from the at-fault party and/or other liable parties involved. Call (888) 522-6291 today.
Identify the Accident and File Your Case Accordingly
Personal injury law can cover a broad range of areas when it comes to accidents that lead to injuries. Our lawyers practice in various types of personal injury cases, some of which include:
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls and other premises liability cases
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
This is not a conclusive list, so feel free to ask our team about whether we may handle your case if you were injured in a different type of accident. Be quick to reach out, though, as personal injury cases run on a deadline. According to California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit about your arm and leg injury.
Work with a Personal Injury Law Firm That Knows How to Handle Your Case
When you call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices at (888) 522-6291, you can get a free consultation about your case. A team member can explain more about the litigation process if you still have questions about how to bring your case forward. They can also explain how a Los Angeles arm and leg injury lawyer from our firm may be able to assist you with your arm and leg injury case.
Our law firm commits to being transparent with our clients. We are always willing to explain any aspect of your case that you have questions about so that you can continue to make informed decisions. Our team provides the following services to all our clients:
Are you nervous about having to face insurance representatives and the other party’s legal team? No need. Your lawyer can serve as your representative during any communications—and really, we advise that you refer the other party and their representatives to us anyway. Using their experience with other personal injury cases, your lawyer might be able to divert any blame the other party tries to place on you so that your claim or lawsuit continues to be substantive.
Our legal team may launch an investigation to identify who the liable party or parties are for the accident that harmed you. This process might involve collecting documents, photographic or video footage, and witness testimonies to prove:
- Who caused the accident and who is liable for the accident
- Whether the at-fault party and/or liable party was negligent
- What factors contributed to the accident
- Whether you were injured because of the accident
- The extent of your injuries and losses
Your lawyer may review your case or consult you later to discuss what kind of damages you have experienced since suffering your arm and leg injury. Some damages might be related directly to the accident—such as property damage—while other damages might rise up days, weeks, or even months after the accident.
For example, you might be able to receive compensation for:
- Income loss: as mentioned earlier, arm and leg injuries can disrupt a person’s ability to work. If you lost income because you had to take time off to heal, you might be able to recover those wages.
- Medical expenses: if you racked up multiple bills related to your medical treatment, you might be able to get compensation for each expense you list, including mileage for traveling to and from doctor’s appointments.
- Property damage: if your accident affected your property, such as a vehicle, you might be able to get compensation for repairs or the cash value of your property if it was completely destroyed.
- Pain and suffering: this category can be broad and apply to any physical or emotional pain you suffered because of your injuries. From coping with a permanent disability to experiencing side effects of trauma, you may discuss the extent of your personal suffering with your lawyer and calculate a total that reflects this hurt.
As your legal representative, your lawyer may argue your case in negotiations, court, or even arbitration if necessary. Your lawyer may take the evidence our team gathers and present your side of the story to the insurance adjuster or judge. They may also express concerns or complaints you have and remain assertive on your behalf to pursue compensation for your damages.
Should you receive a settlement offer, your lawyer will not decide whether you accept it. Instead, they will relay this offer to you and provide you advice on whether it is fair to your situation based on your damage calculations. You always have the final word.
Los Angeles Arm and Leg Injury Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
Hire a Los Angeles Arm and Leg Injury Lawyer from Our Firm
This article only touches on a few services our attorneys provide our clients. For more information on what the team at Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices may be able to do for your arm and leg injury case, call our main line at (888) 522-6291. In this call, you can speak with one of our team representatives and get a better idea of where your case might stand.