Did you or a loved one sustain a knee injury in a harmful event, like a motor vehicle collision or fall on someone’s property? You might be entitled to collect compensation for your injury, including other damages related to your accident.
If your knee injury accident occurred in Los Angeles, California, call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices to hire a Los Angeles knee injury lawyer to manage your case. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee-basis, which can be a cost-effective method for getting legal assistance if you are struggling financially at the moment. We do not charge any attorney’s fees unless we win your case. If we do not win, you do not have to worry about our legal expenses being another financial loss.
Call (888) 522-6291 to learn more about how our team will work hard to fight for you.
Knee Injury Victims May Fight for Compensation for Their Medical Bills and Other Damages
Knee injuries can drastically disrupt a person’s life. These injuries can limit a person’s mobility, making it harder to do daily tasks, let alone get around. Depending on the severity of the knee injury, victims might have to call out of work to recover before they can stand on their legs again. As a result, some victims lose income due to an injury caused by another person’s negligence.
According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), the following injuries can cause knee instability:
- Knee fractures
- Dislocated knees
- Ligament injuries, such as in the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Tears in the tendons or meniscus
If you lost income because of a severe knee injury, your lawyer may be able to pursue compensation to recover those wages.
One of the more obvious types of damages that come after a knee injury occurs is medical debt. Knee injury victims can quickly rack up expenses to cover the costs of their treatment and aftercare. If the knee injury is long-lasting or permanent, victims might also have to endure chronic pain, leading to lifelong treatment expenses.
Whether you file a claim or lawsuit, your lawyer will work hard to present a convincing argument that you are owed compensation for your medical damages, which might include:
- Emergency room care and hospital bills
- Doctor’s appointment copays
- Costs for casting or splinting
- Costs for medical support devices, such as wheelchairs and crutches
- Prescription medication expenses
- Costs for X-rays and other imaging scans
- Costs for blood work or blood transfusions if necessary
- Costs for surgeries, including amputation, if applicable
While your injury might be the prime focus of your case, you might be owed other damages depending on how you got the knee injury. For example, if you sustained your knee injury in a car accident, you might be owed:
- Property damage costs, such as for repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Rental vehicle fees if you had to rent a car while it was being repaired
- Transportation costs if your knee injury prevented you from driving and required you to take alternative modes of travel to get around
Knee injury victims may also receive compensation for more general damages, especially if the incident is proven to be traumatic. These damages might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological trauma, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment in activities and hobbies
- Loss of independence
You might have even more damages to pursue, which your Los Angeles knee injury lawyer can recommend if they apply to your case.
Not sure what qualifies as a compensable damage? Get a free case evaluation with our staff by calling (888) 522-6291. We can discuss how your knee injury accident affected you during your call and confirm which damages are legally compensable in California. Call Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices today.
For a Free Legal consultation with a knee injury lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers serving Los Angeles, call 888-522-6291
How Your Knee Got Injured Determines the Kind of Case It Is
A person can get a knee injury in various situations, from playing sports to working on a construction site. At Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices, we cover various practice areas in personal injury law, so one of the first questions we might ask in your case evaluation is: How did you get injured?
The following are a few examples of cases we have handled:
- Motor vehicle accidents: These cases can pertain to collisions involving passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, motorcycles, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Certain collisions may be more damaging to the knees than others, such as head-on collisions and side collisions.
- Premises liability cases: If you were injured on someone else’s property or business establishment, you may have a premises liability case. Slips, trips, and falls are common in this area.
- Defective products: If a product you bought was defective and led to your knee injury, you might be able to sue the product company, manufacturer, or designer. An example would be defective exercise equipment, such as a treadmill or elliptical machine.
- Construction accident: Not everyone who gets injured by construction is a construction worker. Walking passersby might become victim to road or building hazards if a site is not barricaded properly. For example, a person can sustain a knee injury from falling down an open sewer drain, tripping over work tools or building objects, or being hit by falling construction objects.
Los Angeles Knee Injury Lawyer Near Me 888-522-6291
Do Not Forget to File Your Case by Its Deadline
The date of your injury incident is the first marker of how long you have to file your lawsuit. According to California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1, you have about two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. This date can vary if other factors are involved, such as whether the liable party is a government entity, so please consult your lawyer to confirm when you need to file your case.
Let Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices Work on Your Knee Injury Case
If you are still dealing with the repercussions of a knee injury, do not miss your opportunity to go after compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Los Angeles knee injury lawyer from Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices can help you develop a comprehensive case argument that shows how the accident led to your knee injury and how both your injury and the accident led to other problems in your life.
Call our team at (888) 522-6291 for a free case evaluation. A phone call with one of our team members can serve as a great opportunity for you to get the information you need to bring your case forward. Allow us to serve as your legal advocate. We want to help you get the justice you deserve.