Knowing what lawyer deals with motorcycle accidents can be crucial when you are looking to seek justice after a crash. While most personal injury lawyers can handle motor vehicle accident claims, including motorcycle crashes, you may want to look for a lawyer who handles motorcycle accident cases.
As attorneys who have dealt with these kinds of cases, we will:
- Know the applicable motorcycle laws and regulations. While the legal issues around motorcycle accidents can be similar to car accidents, they are not necessarily the same.
- Use a number of methods to fight for fair compensation if your claim is denied or if you’re offered a low settlement. In some cases, motorcyclists can be automatically blamed for an accident. We can help you seek fair compensation.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), motorcyclists are often more likely to be injured or killed in an accident compared to other drivers. As a motorcyclist injured in a crash, your losses could be substantial.
If another road user or other negligent party caused your accident and injuries, we can help you pursue an insurance claim through the at-fault party’s coverage. If the insurer won’t agree to compensate you fairly, we could proceed with a lawsuit. You could potentially seek compensation for the following as well as other damages:
You could be compensated for all of your present and future medical costs. This can include surgeries, emergency care, hospitalizations, and other treatment costs. You may also be entitled to recover costs for medical devices needed for their recovery, such as a wheelchair or prostheses.
You could be facing a long recovery process and the prospect of never being fit for work again. However, motorcycle accident victims are often entitled to seek compensation for lost wages and the loss of expected future income.
Emotional and Physical Suffering
If you suffered significant injuries in a motorcycle accident, you could have endured considerable pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Victims could seek compensation for their pain and suffering.
Loss of Consortium
For family members who lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to seek several forms of compensation. A spouse is often able to seek compensation for the funeral and medical expenses of their deceased loved one. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help eligible family members file a wrongful death claim.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Take Charge of Your Case
Seeking fair compensation after a motorcycle accident can be challenging. However, contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm as soon as possible after your accident (or the accident of your loved one) can help you with a claim. We can begin to protect your legal rights and collect crucial evidence and information regarding your accident right away.
Depending on your claim, we can:
- Obtain important witness statements
- Collect accident reports
- Recover photographs of the accident scene and vehicles
- Gather the relevant medical records to prove damages
- Determine all at-fault parties in a claim
- Hire relevant expert witnesses
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies
There are many other ways in which a motorcycle accident lawyer from our team can potentially help you build a comprehensive case against the negligent party and seek what you deserve.
We Work Based on Contingency Fees
A lawyer from our firm can work for you based on contingency fees, which means that:
- We ask for no up-front payment to begin working on your case
- We only take payment for our services if you win your case
- This payment comes in the form of a predetermined percentage that we agree upon with you
- If we don’t help you win your case, you pay nothing
You don’t have to let any concerns about paying legal fees hold you back from seeking representation. We can get started on your case immediately at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Call the Attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices for Help Today
Handling a motorcycle accident claim on your own can be challenging. However, you do not have to be alone in filing a lawsuit or fighting an insurance company. As lawyers who deal with motorcycle accidents, Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices will be able to help you with every aspect of your case, leaving you free to concentrate on your recovery.
If you are looking to find an attorney with a track record of securing six-and seven-figure case results for our motorcycle accident clients, speak to us today. Start the process now and call us for a free case review at (888) 522-6291.